Holiday Accident Claims
Last minute holiday bookings are on the increase. It’s so easy these days to book a holiday over the internet; you just log on and jet off.
However, although holidays are a time for fun and relaxation disaster sometimes strikes, with thousands of British people each year suffering injury or illness whilst on their travels, whether abroad or still within the UK.
Our Devon-based team of personal injury solicitors is experienced in dealing with a broad range of holiday injury claims, arising here and abroad, including claims for illness, injury at sea, aviation claims or road traffic accidents. We are asked time and again to help with claims for injury arising from:-
- Slips and trips, wet floors and the like;
- Food poisoning and poor hygiene within hotels;
- Water sports and skiing accidents;
- Poor safety on day excursions or adventure trips;
The Package Travel Regulations make a UK tour operator or holiday provider responsible for all of the services provided as part of a holiday package, even if those services are provided abroad. The Regulations enable many foreign accident claims to be brought in the UK where the level of compensation is often much higher than it is in other countries and your legal costs are recoverable if you win your claim.
The time limit for bringing an accident claim in the UK is generally three years. Different time limits apply to many aviation and sea claims, so if you believe you have a claim, it is important that you talk to an experienced personal injury lawyer as soon as possible.
Golden rules if you have an accident on holiday, whether at home or abroad:-
- report the accident to someone in charge, get their name, insist they make a written note of it and insist on having a copy
- get the names and addresses of any witnesses to the accident
- take photographs of where the accident happened and of anything which you believe caused it
- Seek medical attention for your injuries as quickly as possible
- speak to an experienced injury solicitor as soon as you can to see whether you have a claim
If you need help or advice on making a holiday accident claim, contact specialist solicitor Mike Clarke at email@example.com
Mike is based at our Bideford office in North Devon, but deals with holiday injury claims throughout the whole Devon region and well beyond.