We are local Devon & Somerset injury lawyers with five offices in the south west. Our firm, Slee Blackwell Solicitors, celebrated its centenary in 2020 and is one of the region’s leading personal injury and medical negligence specialists. Over the years we have recovered millions of pounds of compensation for local clients.
Our team of specialist lawyers are based at our offices in Devon and Somerset, offering a personalised local service to victims of personal injury and medical accidents throughout the south west. We have an excellent track record of success and work on a no win, no fee basis.
We have won many awards and accolades.
- The independent legal review platform ReviewSolicitors ranked us in the top 10 personal injury firms in the UK (www.reviewsolicitors.co.uk 10.3.23)
- In 2022 our personal injury team was nominated for the national ‘Outstanding Case of the Year’ award.
- In 2019 our lawyers were nominated for no fewer than three separate awards at the national Personal Injury Awards, including the prestigious ‘Claimant Personal Injury Team of the Year’ and ‘Clinical Negligence Lawyer of the Year’.
- Our expertise in personal injury law has consistently been recognised by the influential directory The Legal 500 over the years and ranks Slee Blackwell Solicitors among a small handful of specialist personal injury and medical negligence firms in the South West. The 2021 edition had this to say about us:
‘Slee Blackwell’s personal injury team has a niche in Animals Act, historic abuse and stress at work claims. The department is led by James McNally, who specialises in claims arising from dog bites. Elizabeth Duncan stands out for her work representing victims of historic abuse… Oliver Thorne takes the lead on clinical negligence cases, handling a variety of high-value claims, including in relation to birth injuries, spinal injuries and acquired brain injuries. The group is also instructed in cases arising from cosmetic surgery, vaginal mesh and missed cancer diagnoses.’
- We have also been awarded Lexcel accreditation by the Law Society for excellence in client care.
We provide a highly individual service, tailored to your specific needs. When you call us you will be able to speak directly to the lawyer who will be responsible for handling your claim. There are no middlemen, no call centres.
Slee Blackwell Solicitors are regulated by The Law Society and are members of the Devon & Somerset Law Society. When you deal with us you have the peace of mind of knowing that you are dealing with a genuine local firm of solicitors who are subject to the strictest professional regulation.
We are proud to enjoy an excellent reputation as one of the south west’s leading firms of solicitors. We value our reputation highly, especially as much of our work comes from local word of mouth. You are therefore assured of receiving the very best legal representation if you choose to pursue your personal injury claim or medical negligence case through Slee Blackwell Solicitors.