Local solicitors specialising in defective product claims
Defective product claims dealt with on a No Win, No Fee basis. Contact us for a free case assessment.
Accidents often occur when consumers are using products that have been purchased. In such cases it may be possible for them to make a compensation claim for the injuries they have suffered. Claims can be made against the manufacturer, the distributor or the retailer. Lawyers call these cases defective product claims.
These claims fall into three main categories:-
- Design – the product may be dangerous or defective due to poor or inadequate design.
- Manufacture – the problem may have arisen in the manufacturing process, so the product does not match its usual quality or product specification.
- Warnings – adequate and sufficient warnings may not have been provided in relation to the product and its use.
The majority of day-to-day products, including food, are regulated by law. Our expert team will know whether a manufacturer, distributor or retailer has breached one of these regulations.
Companies facing a claim will often argue that they have no obligation to pay compensation if:
- The victim cannot prove that the defect actually caused the injury.
- The goods were not defective when purchased.
- The victim was warned of the defect at the time of purchase.
- The victim was aware of the defect before the accident occurred but continued to use the product and was injured as a result.
- The goods were being used for a purpose they were not designed for.
It is therefore important to choose a solicitor who is experienced in dealing with these cases and able to address the defences raised by manufacturers, distributors and retailers.
We deal with defective product claims on a no win, no fee basis, so you do not need to allow worries about funding legal costs put you off seeking justice.