Compensation for Chef Injured in Gas Explosion at North Devon Restaurant

An ordinary day at work turned into a nightmare for one of our clients, a chef working in the kitchens of a popular restaurant in North Devon.

Without warning, there was a huge explosion from a ruptured and perished gas pipe connected to a fryer, which engulfed the kitchen in a fireball. By a miracle, our client was standing behind an adjoining unit making a sauce and this unit protected him from most of the worst effects of the blast.

However, whilst he escaped serious physical injury, he developed Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD). He had trouble sleeping, suffered intrusive flashbacks and hypersensitivity, and could not bring himself to use a gas appliance.

Mike Clarke, an experienced injury solicitor based at our Bideford office in North Devon has just negotiated an award of compensation of nearly £3,000 for his injuries.

The rubber gas pipe had become highly dangerous—it should have been noticed and replaced in the course of routine safety inspections but the restaurant’s owners failed to do so. When the kitchen was stripped and refitted in the 24 hours after the blast, two more defective gas fittings were found. It is a miracle that no-one was killed and that this man escaped serious burns.”

Our client received every penny of his compensation under Slee Blackwell’s popular ‘100% Compensation Guarantee.’

If you have been injured in an accident and think you may be entitled to claim compensation then give our Free Injury Helpline a call on 0808 139 1594.

Or email us at

lee.dawkins@sleeblackwell.co.uk

0808 139 1596